Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Aftermarket Alarm/central Locking Issues (Use my Cobra alarm to unlock doors)

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Aftermarket Alarm/central Locking Issues (Use my Cobra alarm to unlock doors)

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:37 am

Hi everyone, I'm finally getting around to fixing my alarm so it works properly and after some Altezza specific advice please :)

My RS200 hasn't got a factory alarm or remote central locking etc but it has a Cobra alarm/immobiliser fitted (Cobra 7928) that has been fitted years and I have the certificate to say that it was supposedly fitted by an approved installer etc.

For the time I have owned the car (the last 2 years) I have only been using it in the capacity of immobiliser as the alarm seems to work intermittedly at best. So I plan to check all the wires and maybe even disconnect everything and reconnect everything if needs be. I think it might be to do with the ultrasonic sensors though as both have been caught in the doors in the past it seems and the wires disconnected so fingers crossed if I solder them back on it might all work again.

I also need to see if I can get the "override touch key" bit working cos currently it doesn't.

My main bit I am after some help with though please, is hooking this alarm up to the central locking as its getting a pain to use the key to unlock doors. Especially as it's winter here in the UK and it is dark a lot of the time when I come to the car!

What is the best way to wire up to the door locking please? I did wonder if the easiest way would be to use the internal door lock switch (on the door card panel with the electric window switches, next to the mirror switches etc).
I have got the manual for the alarm and these are the details for it (the last two pages below are more specific to the central locking hook up but wires are mentioned in other pages so just linked a few):

Can someone point me in the direction of which wires to connect up to please? :)

I had a search on the forum but didn't find anything specific. Apologies if I missed it though,

Any help or input appreciated :)

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”