ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Head wrecking Problem

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Cathalsully-Tez
Noob!

Head wrecking Problem

Postby Cathalsully-Tez » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi, I’ve a 2002 altezza manual, engine went on me (belt broke) so Got another bare engine from elite autos in Galway, and put my bits onto it, like sensors throttle body and so on... now car is up and running sounds great but... when I rev the car it has a flat spot at first like hesitation and then revs out fine, also the engine management light is on with the trc light flashing, I can’t plug it in as the obd port doesn’t seem to be working like cables are broke... anyone any ideas what this could be??? Thanks in advance

tommysheen
Trc Off

Re: Head wrecking Problem

Postby tommysheen » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:40 pm

Try the basic stuff. Clean throttle body and stuff and check your plugs and coils. All common issues. Try repairing the wire for the obd you’d want that working

Cathalsully-Tez
Noob!

Postby Cathalsully-Tez » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:59 am

Car is ticking over perfectly and sounds great it’s only when you first hit the revs, changed the maf, no difference, plugs are new only put in with new engine, will try throttle body next and see if any difference... as for the wires any one have a close up picture of there obd port the way it is wired so I can see what is missing from where?

Cathalsully-Tez
Noob!

Postby Cathalsully-Tez » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:11 pm

Got a lad to read the computer threw flash codes and turned out to be a knock sensor that was gone replaced that and car drove perfectly... so problem solved

tommysheen
Trc Off

Postby tommysheen » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:55 am

That’s the job happy days!

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”