ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

HID Headlights not auto leveling

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

HID Headlights not auto leveling

Postby FT2DFLR » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:09 pm

My HID head light are not auto leveling as they should, there is a warning light on the dash. I think the cause is a that the mechanism for leveling them on the drivers side has came loose (not certain that this is the cause but will need to eliminate it before going at anything else) can anyone tell me if this can be fixed or will i need to replace the head ligh. If i do need to replace it wheres the best place to get it i'm going to get a quote from toyota but think this will be farly pricey

In a bit of a hurry with this as due for an NCT next friday so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Moe
Trc Off

Re: HID Headlights not auto leveling

Postby Moe » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Just buy a pair of (I think) HB4 bulbs, put them in and get the lights aligned properly at a garage..
Then when your NCT is done (and passed :wink: ) refit your HID bulbs.

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:49 pm

maybe he really wants to fix this (not only for NCT).. Maybe they need resetting? Dunno if that can be done though...

FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby FT2DFLR » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:02 am

Yea i do want to get it fixed and I've spent the weekend trying to find a replacement headlight in a scrap yard and I'm having no joy.

Looking like the only option is going to be replacing the drivers side headlight with a new one from toyota which is gonna set me back 350 euro :( and what's even more annoying is that after having it fogged up for the past couple off years I've finally got it dried out and now i have to replace it anyway and there's no certainty that replacing it will fix the problem
:evil:

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Is it the beam is too low? Can u loosen the 10 bolt on the bottom and put in a few washers just to manually tilt it up?

FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby FT2DFLR » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Just to update this

Turned out it was being caused by a sencor on the rear suspension. had new drop links fitted and the auto leveling sencor wasn't replaced correctly. Stuck a post on the oz/new zealand tezza site and got the answer in 10 minutes, well pointed me in the right direction. so turned out to be an easy fix and didn't cost a penny (thank f*ck)

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am

ah, good to know!

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”