ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Head flow & performance

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Wanabetezza
Noob!

Head flow & performance

Postby Wanabetezza » Wed May 09, 2018 2:48 pm

So what I have found out from reading is the head flows very well. This will be a boosted engine so top end power is a must. I have a basic idea I'm wanting and please feel free to pipe in. So for starts, titanium valves have got to go. I have found the auto head has steel valves but smaller valves and less agressive cams and smaller buckets. So I have contacted a company to build some stainless intake valves and iconel exhaust for a manual head. Here's my dilema, being the springs are designed for titanium, will after market springs work with the added weight of the steel valves, or will I be limited on how much lift I can run before coil bind? Also should I go 1mm oversized since now is the time to? Now this leads me to my next area of the head, the cams. Toda make some to delete vvti, but that's a no sir. Toda VVTI cams have weak dtation and high lift so maybe? Vvti makes massive torque and can be tuned to help a turbo spool. So I contacted kelford, and they can make me agressive 272° cams.with 11.5 lift intake and 11mm exhaust. Again VVTI tuning will help keep low end torque in place. Next is springs. So far I have found Toda 13.5mm max lift, Kelford 13.5mm max lift and Glenn (Celicara45) whose lift is unknown but his race engine has 14+ lift so I'm sure they are awesome or custom which is $$$. Sorry for the first long post but I want some opinions for what has Worked before I hear what somebody has to Sell

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”