ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

OBD2 Adapter and Torque App Running :)

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

OBD2 Adapter and Torque App Running :)

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:45 pm

For all the Altezza owners wanting an OBD2 supporting bluetooth adapter that will work with JDM ecu for Torque app etc on your android phone.

Thanks to Damien (wenguin) for giving me the information for this and thought it might be of use to others wanting to set this upI
He let me know of an adapter that worked for him after adding the minor coding in Torque (so it speaks to the JDM ecu), after I bought an £8 one off ebay that worked on UK makes but wouldn't work with my car.

If you buy this adapter from Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009NPAORC/r ... 71_TE_item
(ignoring that it says "Supper" instead of "Super" LOL, it will look the same as this photo when it comes and say "Power2" on it)
and mine came in a bag like this:

Plug it in under the dash and connect your phone to it using the normal bluetooth settings page (I had to put in code "1234" for my adapter).

Then download the full version of Torque for your Android phone/tablet from Play Store (I think it's only £2.95).
NOTE: It has to be one of the newer versions and the full app so you can do the coding bit.

Open the app and create a profile for the car and scroll right to the bottom where you can input text in the "Very Advanced - ELM327 custom configuration" section. You need to copy and paste the following text to make it speak tothe JDM protocol ecu (without the quotation marks but with everything else exactly like this):
"ATIB 96 \n ATIIA 13 \n ATSH8213F0 \n ATSP4 \n 0100"

Should look something like this:

Then Torque should already have or will connect to the adapter with bluetooth (On Torque front page, the little blue "usb" shaped icon indicator will stop flashing and go solid) and then shortly after that it should connect to the ecu (you will see the little blue "car" shaped icon indicator stop flashing and go solid) and then it should be happy days :)

You can go to real time information and set up lots of cool gauges to monitor everything :)
Here's an example:

Not fully tested all the other stuff like code reading etc that Torque can do yet though.

Hope it helps some of you out :) Not sure if its worth "stickying" this in the Altezza info section maybe?

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Re: OBD2 Adapter and Torque App Running :)

Postby Tosh21 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:20 pm

That's awesome! Defo investing in one of them

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:44 am

So useful mate! Even just yesterday while i was under the car looking at the water leak I could keep one eye on the coolant temperature on my phone so if it shot up I could get up and kill the engine if needed etc. Interesting watching the timing advance change with revs (while idling not driving) too

dogger
Noob!

Postby dogger » Sun May 12, 2019 10:05 pm

It's an old post but this has just worked for me.
I have a Beams fitted in an AE86 and thanks to this I've found I have a P0135 code- O2 sensor issue.
Thanks

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”