ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

a few questions after HKS RS intake kit fitted

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
MKT222
Trc On!

a few questions after HKS RS intake kit fitted

Postby MKT222 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:30 am

after installing the intake and plugging the small vacuum line on the throttle body,what do i do with the actuator that looks like an A/C idle up valve? do i keep it plugged in? or disconnect it and not use it? the wiring is in the same bundle from the MAF wiring.

Thanks

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Re: a few questions after HKS RS intake kit fitted

Postby mike_01 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:59 am

keep it unplugged as there is nothing to plug it into as it only controls the flap on the airbox
you blank off the vacuum line on the throttle body

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:44 am

Is your car slower at low revs since fitting the pod filter?

MKT222
Trc On!

Postby MKT222 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:28 am

mike_01 wrote:keep it unplugged as there is nothing to plug it into as it only controls the flap on the airbox
you blank off the vacuum line on the throttle body

Thanks alot mike,so ill just leave the small vac hose and the solenoid unplugged and block the small vac line on the throttle body :D

MKT222
Trc On!

Postby MKT222 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:40 am

E910 wrote:Is your car slower at low revs since fitting the pod filter?

I cant really tell because my car was a lexus is200 swapped to beams 3sge (bought a half cut) but unfortunately i couldnt install the oem airbox because of the ABS solenoid positioned next to the throttle body...i had it replaced with a non-abs proportioning valve but still couldnt install the oem airbox and i had to purchase an aftermarket pod filter.
So far the results of my swap....the car idles around 600-700rpm (when ac is off) and around 900rpm with ac,the idle seems smooth but i think it is pretty low,i dont know if this is normal for the beams blacktop. The car has power from mid to top range...ill be doing a 4.8 final drive soon to give the low end a little kick...i hope it will help

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:57 am

the circle is where the vacuum line is and that would be blanked off completely and the arrow shows the plug that has no home so it is zip tied facing down so no water gets into it

as for performance mine anyways is a lot more responsive, idles better in my opinion and just generally feels better but for performance figures can't say if gained or lost but would possibly be the difference between a hot day and cooler one

I have got the hks one as well but didn't give as much feel or noise as the apexi, hks felt more like the airbox with high flow panel filter in (which I also have) but with added noise

xeraptor
Trc Off

Postby xeraptor » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:26 pm

Stock airbox is definitely better on low load. That vacuum valve closes off half of intake thus increasing air velocity, which results in better torque.
Aftermarket filter is good only with high cams or turbo.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”