ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

From South East UK

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
Tripp
Noob!

From South East UK

Postby Tripp » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi all!

I've signed up after wanting an Altezza for a while and have been using this site for a lot of information.

I'm still looking as I've been a bit picky about what I want - Manual RS200 in blue, and not been messed about with too much. I've bought some terrible cars in my past and want to make sure the first Altezza I have is what I want!

I currently drive a crappy non-turbo classic impreza wagon as my daily, and a Nissan S13 as a second daily :lol: but it is time to reduce my fleet to one, and I think an Altezza will do me fine. "Performance" car wise, I've only ever had this S13 and a Mitsubishi Evo as before it has been Land Rovers or nothing. After not being able to fit in a multistorey car park for work I felt it was time for something a bit nippy for the city, and of course I take it too far and picked the fastest car I could find.

The S13 has been set up for drifting by a previous owner, and my intention was to drift it too but I found I prefer to maintain it and keep it reasonable, and enjoy driving it often so the welded diff was removed and is a bit more reliable. But now I want more comfort,not to go deaf on long drives and to be able to get over speed bumps. Annoyingly, a couple of weeks after buying the S13 I found the perfect Altezza... sods law.

I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions here when I finally find the beauty I've been looking for.... probably along the lines of "My Altezza won't start, help"..."Have you tried turning the key"...."Oh yeah that works, thanks".

Noel

Re: From South East UK

Postby Noel » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:47 pm

Welcome, unfortunately there isn’t many active members around these days, but hopefully the information on here over the years will be of Benefit to you

Cheers
Noel

tommysheen
Trc Off

Postby tommysheen » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:39 pm

Welcome. Hopefully the site might start picking up again you never know. Best of luck with the tezz

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Have you managed to find a Tezz yet? Not that many about these days so might be worth getting a good one when it comes up and respraying it blue! Widens the search a bit then!

Tripp
Noob!

Postby Tripp » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:52 am

I'm starting to feel like that :? There is a nice white one in Scotland... a bit of a drive but perhaps might be worth it.

Tripp
Noob!

Postby Tripp » Tue May 08, 2018 8:33 pm

Finally picked one up! Ended up falling in love with the white, it will stay.

Tripp
Noob!

Postby Tripp » Fri May 11, 2018 11:02 am

After owning it for three days I took it to a track evening. It drove really well but I didn't push it hard. Being on standard suspension it felt like it was rolling a bit around some hard corners but not as much as I anticipated. Lightened flywheel will be the first bit of attention it will get as the current dual mass one hates low revs.

As for the rest, I love having it almost completely stock and if I can keep it that way it would be good. But perhaps some reversible changes would be suitable, like stiffer suspension.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures from the photographer to post here

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Fri May 11, 2018 11:25 am

Nice one! looks really good :) Glad you are happy with it too :)

Tripp
Noob!

Postby Tripp » Fri May 11, 2018 11:35 am

Thanks! Hopefully I'll see you around. I'm just south of Cambridge

Return to “Newbies - Check-in here!!”